Total Preparation: 5 minutes + Setting Time: 3-4 Hours
Servings: up to 36 squares
- In a medium saucepan, combine the cashew butter, coconut oil, maple syrup and salt over very low heat. Continue whisking until all ingredients look thoroughly combined and creamy. Remove saucepan from the heat and set aside to cool.
- Using a double boiler or a microwave, melt the dark chocolate swirl ingredients together over low heat. Set aside.
- Whisk the collagen, cacao, maca & mesquite into the nut butter fudge mixture.
- Line an 8×8′ square pan with parchment paper. Pour the cashew butter fudge into the pan and tap it on the counter so it spreads evenly across the bottom.
- Drizzle the chocolate swirl over the fudge, then use a butter knife or toothpick to swirl it into designs.
- Transfer the fudge to the freezer to set for 3-4 hours. When ready to serve, cut it into squares.
- If you’re using salted nut butter, be sure to taste the mixture before you add any more sea salt.
- Be sure to use a hot knife to make it easier (run the knife under hot water for several seconds and dry it with a towel between slicing!) This will help it cut cleanly.
- Store in an airtight container in the freezer for up to two weeks. Enjoy!