Total Preparation & Cooking Time: 8 hours
- 15 ounce can of chickpeas (garbanzo beans)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon chipotle powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons mesquite powder
- pinch salt
- Preheat oven to 400°.
- Drain garbanzo beans and dry between two clean towels. Roll one of the towels over the garbanzo beans to remove as many of the skins as possible and dry them thoroughly.*
- Toss garbanzo beans with olive oil, chipotle powder, mesquite powder, and pinch of salt. Spread out on tinfoil, parchment paper, or a silicone baking mat on top of a baking sheet.
- Bake at 400° for 35 minutes, or until crispy, tossing every 10 minutes.