Get 50% Off Japanese Matcha Green Tea This Weekend Only on Amazon
Use Coupon Code: HLTH5017
Total Preparation & Cooking Time: 1 hour
Servings: 4 to 6
- Chopped onion: 1 medium
- Chopped and peeled potato: 1 medium
- Minced garlic: 3 cloves
- Minced garlic: 1 mounded teaspoon
- Cayenne pepper: 1 pinch
- Powdered black pepper: 1 pinch
- Chopped fresh kale: 5 cups (packed)
- Vegetable broth (low-sodium): 4 cups
- Matchatea powder: 2 teaspoons
- Fresh cilantro: 1 cup
- Coconut milk (light): 13.5-ounce
- Take one medium pot and sauté potatoes and onion in a splash of vegetable broth or water.
- Cook for almost 8 minutes and stir occasionally. You can add more broth or water to avoid potatoes from sticking.
- Mix in black pepper, cayenne, ginger and garlic. Sauté for 2 minutes again.
- Mix in kale and cook for 2 minutes. Now add vegetable broth and let it boil, reduce heat for gentle simmering and cover pot to cook for almost 30 minutes.
- Stir in matcha and cilantro after 30 minutes.
- Turn off heat and let the soup cool before blend it in food processor or blender.
- You can also use your immersion blender to get smooth end product.
- Return the soup to its pot and mix in coconut milk. Gently warm for 10 minutes.
- Divide soup among four deep serving bowls and top each bowl with tofu or tofu croutons.