These waffles are packed full of nutrition, including energy boosting and adaptogenic superfoods, healthy omegas from flax, and lots of high antioxidant fruits. With the superfruit sauce, they are absolutely delicious and sure to pass the kid test. Enjoy!
Preparation Time: 30 minutes
Servings: Makes 6-8 waffles
- 1 1/2 cups gluten free or paleo flour blend
- 1/4 cup buckwheat flour
- 1/4 cup ground flaxseed
- 2 tablespoons maca powder
- 1 tablespoon mesquite powder
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon pink sea salt
- 1/3 cup coconut oil, melted
- 1 cup nut milk of choice
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 banana, smashed
- 1 cup fresh raspberries, smashed
- 1 cup yacon syrup
- 1/4 cup cherries, pitted and smashed
- 1/4 cup blueberries, smashed
- 1/4 cup goji berries, soaked and pureed
- 1/4 cup blackberries, smashed
- 1/4 cup raspberries, smashed
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- Blend all dry waffle ingredients together in one bowl. Blend all wet waffle ingredients including fruit together in second bowl. Then combine both and mix well. Set aside while making superfruit sauce.
- In a pan on medium heat sprayed with coconut oil, add all ingredients for superfruit sauce and cook, stirring often, until it’s bubbling and has reduced a bit (8-10 mins). This is a chunky fruit sauce, but you could also puree in a food processor or blender after cooking too if you’d like more of a syrupy and pourable consistency, and in that case you should aim for a bit less reduction. Let sauce cool after. It can be stored in a glass container in the fridge for a week.
- Heat up waffle maker, and spray with coconut oil. Pour waffle mix in appropriate amount and cook based on your waffle maker.
- Top waffles with superfruit sauce and enjoy! It’s delicious with the sauce still a little warm. Add coconut whipped cream, nuts, cacao nibs, and more fruit if desired.