Total Preparation & Cooking Time: 1 hour & 20 Minutes
- 1 1/2 cup blueberries, frozen
- 1 cup sourdough starter
- 3 tsp. cinnamon, ground
- 1 1/2 cup yogurt, homemade
- 1/4 cup melted coconut oil
- 2 eggs, medium
- 1/2 cup flour (whole wheat, gluten-free, or paleo blend)
- 3 tsp. nutmeg
- 1 cup old-fashioned oatmeal
- 1/2 cup rapadura
- 1/2 tsp. almond extract
- 2 tbsp. organic maca
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1/2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 tsp. Celtic sea salt
- Stevia to taste
- Almonds to sprinkle on top
- Combine sourdough starter together with eggs, yogurt, & coconut oil in a mixing bowl, preferably large size.
- Add rapadura, oatmeal, whole wheat flour, almond extracts, ground cinnamon, organic maca, nutmeg, vanilla & salt; mix well.
- Cover & let sit in a refrigerator for a day.
- When ready to bake, remove the muffin dough from the refrigerator and bring it to the room temperature. Preheat your oven to 375 F/185 C & using the melted coconut oil, lightly spray the muffin pans.
- Mix in the frozen blueberries, baking soda & stevia.
- Fill each muffin cup with the batter approximately 3/4 full & bake for half an hour or little longer.
- Let cool at room temperature for couple of minutes and then transfer the muffins carefully on a cooling rack to cool completely.