Total Preparation & Cooking Time: 55 Minutes
- 1/2 tsp. baking powder
- 1/4 cup Cacao nibs
- 1 1/4
- cups almond meal
- 1/2 cup coconut, unsweetened, shredded
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 3 tbsp coconut oil, melted
- 1/4 tsp. salt or sea salt
- Stir almond meal together with the cacao nibs, baking powder, coconut, sugar and salt in a large mixing bowl. Beat the egg until doubled in volume & uniform in color in a separate bowl.
- Whisk in the vanilla and coconut oil and add the mixture to the bowl with dry ingredients; mix well until just combined.
- Transfer the bowl to a refrigerator and let chill for a minimum period of half an hour or for overnight.
- Preheat your oven to 185 C/375 F. Shape the dough into balls, preferably 1” and place the balls on a baking sheet; preferably 1 & 1/2 apart from each other. Press down to flatten slightly.
- Bake for 8 to 10 minutes, until the edges turn brown.
- Remove from oven & let cool at room temperature, before serving.